Homes for Good administers a Weatherization Program designed to assist income-qualified Lane County residents reduce energy use in their homes and reduce their utility bills. The program serves both homeowners and renters.
The program may provide some or all of the following free services, depending on calculations for cost-effectiveness. A weatherization audit and analysis of the qualified residence would be completed in order to determine which measures might be taken.
- Insulate attics, walls and floors.
- Seal air leaks.
- Improve attic and under-floor ventilation.
- Install carbon monoxide and smoke alarms.
- Seal and insulate heating ducts.
- Service heating equipment.
- Perform minor health and safety repairs.
- Install an energy efficient refrigerator and LED lightbulbs.