Section 8 Homeownership
The Section 8 Homeownership program requires that you are currently in the Section 8 program. The program allows you to use the Section 8 voucher, but instead of using the funds toward rent, you use it to help pay your mortgage. Additional requirements to participate are:
- Attend a Section 8 Homeownership information session (normally held once a year).
- Attend financial education and homeownership classes.
- Be approved for a mortgage on your own (Homes for Good is not on your loan).
- Save 3% of the purchase price for a down payment.
- Meet federal minimum employment and income guidelines if not disabled.
- Find a home to buy that passes a Homes for Good inspection and where the mortgage payment and the utilities are still within Homes for Good payment standards.
For more information, sign up for the next Section 8 Homeownership information session by calling Katie Dockery at (541) 682-2517 or by submitting the form below.