Diversity Equity & Inclusion
- Create an Equity Driven Strategic Plan
- Establish an internal "Equity Strategy Team" (EST)
- For Equity to be part of our DNA as an organization
- To address racial disparities within our organization, promoting equity in our hiring and promotional practices, greater opportunities in contracting and equitable services available to the people we serve.
Our Journey so far
- We are at the beginning stages of our journey
- We are striving for equity driven design for our programs and services
- We are striving to establish a culture of inclusion as the basis for all decision-making
- We are striving to create a welcoming and supportive working environment for all of our employees and customers
- We are being self-critical, with a commitment to continue to learn and grow
- We are open to hearing other people’s experiences
- We also have a lot of ongoing transformations and transitions
- We are planning on moving to a new building, which presents us with the opportunity for an internal culture shift
- We ran a formal RFP process in the spring of 2019 to select consultants that would guide the organization through the journey
- We contracted with equity consultants to lead a racial equity assessment and capacity building around DEI
- We worked with a group of seven staff (The CORE Team) and the consultants to help us shape the path for our organization to continue this journey
- Their assessment consisted of an employee wide survey and nine individual interviews with staff, resident board members and community partners
- During the assessment, themes emerged around HFG’s culture, leadership and service delivery
- In October 2019 we conducted an all-day all staff workshop centered in Diversity Equity and Inclusion and themes revealed in the organizational assessment
- In 2020 we established our Equity Strategy Team, made up of eleven staff with a mix of management and non-management staff, from different divisions throughout the organization to start work on the Strategic Equity Plan.
- We are in the process of scheduling a Hate & Bias Training for our front facing staff to provide our employees with the tools required to interrupt hate, bias and racial inequities throughout our organization.
Strategic Equity Plan Work
On July 21st, 2021 the Equity Strategy Team presented the "Startegic Equity Plan Overarching Goals" to the Homes for Good Board of Commissioners during a board work session. The presentation slides can be viewed as part of the full board packet here