- Create and Update an Equity Driven Strategic Plan
- Establish an internal "Equity Strategy Team" (EST)
- For Equity to be part of our DNA as an organization
- To address racial disparities within our organization, promoting equity in our hiring and promotional practices, greater opportunities in contracting and equitable services available to the people we serve.
- We are at the beginning stages of our journey
- We are striving for equity driven design for our programs and services
- We are striving to establish a culture of inclusion as the basis for all decision-making
- We are striving to create a welcoming and supportive working environment for all of our employees and customers
- We are being self-critical, with a commitment to continue to learn and grow
- We are open to hearing other people’s experiences
- We also have a lot of ongoing transformations and transitions
- We are planning on moving to a new building, which presents us with the opportunity for an internal culture shift
- We ran a formal RFP process in the spring of 2019 to select consultants that would guide the organization through the journey
- We contracted with equity consultants to lead a racial equity assessment and capacity building around DEI
- We worked with a group of seven staff (The CORE Team) and the consultants to help us shape the path for our organization to continue this journey
- Their assessment consisted of an employee wide survey and nine individual interviews with staff, resident board members and community partners
- During the assessment, themes emerged around HFG’s culture, leadership and service delivery
- In October 2019 we conducted an all-day all staff workshop centered in Diversity Equity and Inclusion and themes revealed in the organizational assessment
- In 2020 we established our Equity Strategy Team, made up of eleven staff with a mix of management and non-management staff, from different divisions throughout the organization to start work on the Strategic Equity Plan.
- We held three Hate & Bias Training for our front facing staff to provide our employees with the tools required to interrupt hate, bias and racial inequities throughout our organization.
- In May of 2022, the EST did public outreach for feedback on the proposed Strategic Equity Plan
- In June of 2022 the Homes for Good Board of Commissioners Approved our Strategic Equity Plan
- In October of 2022, the Equity Strategy Team and the Leadership Team presented the Quarter One progress for Strategic Equity Plan goals.
In June of 2022, the Homes for Good Board of Commissioners approved a one year strategic Equity Plan. Homes for Good staff will report on the progress of the plan each quarter.
Meet Our Equity Strategy Team
Rebecca Murphy Lyons, Grants & Programs Specialist
Maria Huffman, Painter
Travis Baker, Property Management Supervisor
Jordyn Shaw, Communications Administrative Specialist
Bailey McEuen, Human Resources Director
Steve Ochs, Real Estate Development Director
Jacob Fox, Executive Director
José Zarate, FSS Coordinator
Mina Kuhn, Office Administrative Coordinator
Livi Camba, Resident Services Specialist
Jasmine Leary, Executive Support Coordinator
Cori Larson, Real Estate Accounting Administrator